They’ll be there for you, (‘cause you’re there for them too.)
ourselves to His will of desire, without fretting over a hidden will of direction."
— Kevin Deyoung
— A.W. Tozer (via a-quiline)
one of the most clear; most biblically sound series on suffering.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord | Romans 8: 38-39
read this article by SBC’s Billy Chiang: whilst it was targeted to the bible college as a whole, still insightful for individuals // an abridged version//
1. Principle of Faith - “God’s work done God’s way will not lack God’s supply” (Hudson Taylor); so we need to always walk in prayerful communion with Him so that our decisions conform to His word and His will.
2. Principle of Accountability - we must be guided by sound principles based on God’s truth and professional practice
3. Principle of Stewardship - in all we do, we want to please the Lord and must therefore spend or invest wisely what He has gifted us.
4. Principle of Contentment - we shall not ask God or people for more than we need, being joyful and thankful within the means God has provided
5. Principle of Equity - pay your dues/obligations and be owing people continually only the debt of love